POST CHEMO RECOVERY PROGRAM – SANOVIV MEDICAL INSTITUTE
Health is not just the absence of disease,
but rather a positive vitality that supports
our goals and aspirations.
You have triumphed over cancer, and made it through the difficult journey of chemotherapy. You know that your healthy cells have been attacked, your immune system has been compromised, and both the disease and its treatment have left marks on your body and mind. Everybody reacts differently to chemotherapy drugs, but everyone endures lasting effects of the regimen.
Sanoviv Medical Institute has created a program just for you that is designed to assess your current health condition and provide you with an individualized program for healing. This is the other part of the journey where you bring yourself back into balance. You are a survivor, now it is time for you to thrive.
As you begin the Post Chemo Recovery program, you are assessed by each individual of your medical team including your physician, nutritionist, dentist, psychologist, fitness specialist, structural analyst and spa therapist. This is the standard way Sanoviv assessments are done and an example of the integrative approach to health care in the 21st century. Once you are assessed, the entire medical team meets to review your case and decide on priorities for your treatments and therapies while you are here as well as identify essential elements to help strengthen your body and put you on the path to better health for your future.
Based on the medical team’s assessment of your current condition, your treatment plan is put into action:
- Your doctor, with feedback from the entire medical team, determines the treatments and therapies that will begin to strengthen your immune system, balance your body’s biochemistry, and help reduce the side effects you may have experienced during your chemotherapy treatment.
- Your nutritionist will do a comprehensive assessment of your current nutrition status and work closely with you to help determine the best dietary approach as you continue healing. Your doctor and nutritionist work closely together to create a plan for nutrient supplementation as necessary.
- Your biological dentist will evaluate any dental issues that may affect your recovery, especially hidden infections, energy blockages, gum inflammation and toxicity. Your psychologist works to help you process any negative experiences from your cancer treatment and most importantly, helps you align with your future. Emotions, chronic stress, unresolved conflict, or going back to the same emotional lifestyle can have a significant impact on your body’s ability to heal completely.
- Your structural analyst (chiropractor) evaluates how your cancer treatment may have affected your nervous system leading to structural imbalances in muscles and ligaments. This is especially important if you had a surgical procedure during your treatment.
- Your fitness specialist works with you to develop a physical activity program appropriate for your condition, to aid in your recovery and increase your well being. Studies show that moderate physical activity can help minimize the effects of treatment, as well as reduce the risk of recurrence in several types of cancer.
- Your spa therapist, under the direction of your physician, provides treatments and therapies that will help enhance detoxification, relax your muscles and restore health and vitality to your skin and lymphatic system.
Sanoviv provides a toxin-free environment in a beautiful oceanfront location in order to set you up for optimal healing. This is important for all chronic degenerative diseases of today for which exposure to toxins, is often a root cause for illness. This is especially true for cancer, as studies show that environmental factors, like toxins, are the major contributors for genetic changes that can cause cancer.
Education is a major part of your recovery program as you will have the opportunity to learn about the many ways to improve your health, quality of life, and reduce your risk for cancer reoccurrence. Our education program includes classes on nutrition, food preparation, healthy home and work environment, digestion, detoxification, breathing and relaxation, meditation, energy medicine, stress management, physical activity and fun!
When you leave Sanoviv, you are provided with a plan for continuing your healing journey at home. Through this program, we believe that you have the power to significantly enhance the quality of your future and the ability to live your best life.